Friday, November 7, 2014

Pithead - Time for An Order

It's been quite some time since my last post, and most of the posts on this blog have been about the air war (and I have even more aircraft now that need to be painted and decaled, but that is a future post).  It's time to get the ground game moving forward again, and what better way to do that than by placing an order with Pithead?

Mentioned in a previous post was the release of Pithead's supporting weapons and new infantry packs for Korea.  Having only Chinese infantry at the moment, it is time to cobble together an order for some of those new releases, in this case Chinese support weapons, U.S. infantry in parkas, and U.S. support weapons.  Pithead also has British infantry and support (in parkas) released, but as much as this might come as a shock to those who follow my other blog, I do need to focus, so I am, for now, staying with Chinese and American winter troops for Fox Hill.  However, if Phil at Pithead ever release North Koreans, I might have to buy those and summer U.S. troops of the Pusan perimeter fighting with the 1st Marine Brigade.  So, for this order, I am sticking to the following:

six packs of Chinese support weapons
six packs of U.S. support weapons
two packs of U.S. infantry in parkas

Not a huge order by any stretch, but bear in mind that the Marines on Fox Hill numbered 239 troops, and one can always recycle Chinese (and I have 140 of them already).

If you look at the Pithead website, you will be tempted to buy from Phil's exhaustive World War II range.  Greeks, Norwegians, Slovaks, all sorts of trouble to get into.  I'm still resisting, focusing my 10mm efforts on Korea, but you never know when I may cross to the dark side!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Those Who've Remembered

Flag Counter